Oof. A weekend of cold, wet feet, madman dancing and minimal sleep, wonderful as it was, seems to have turned me into a bit of a sick chicken.
Stuffy nose, stuffy ears, stuffy head. Scratchy throat and achy bones. Sniff, cough, sniff sniff honk. …Dammit.
Only cure for this, of course, is chicken noodle soup. Headsick, heartsick, hurtsick, any-kind-of-sick-sick, it’s my opinion that chicken and noodles will probably help. Here’s hoping this herby, oniony, chickeny version will land me back on my (warm, dry) feet by morning.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 quarts (12 cups) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 5 scallions, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 2-3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion, celery and carrot, stir to coat with olive oil, and cook until slightly soft, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the stock, and bring to a simmer. Add the fresh herbs, scallions, cooked noodles, and shredded chicken, and season with more salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is hot, and adjust seasoning to your liking. Serve immediately.
Yields 5 – 6 quarts soup.
Feel better Molly xoxo
Such fine china you have.
recognize any of it? 🙂