I’ve been feeling weird lately, and also having some bizarre dreams. I don’t know what it is, but I kind of feel like I’m paddling around in what I think is my Grandma’s pool but is actually the ocean? Like my body and mind are out of sync, maybe. Generally just kind of off my game, as of late. Does that ever happen to you?
Could that bit of bad ricotta be to blame? Or maybe the full moon? Newman? Maybe the news of Wisconsin’s first-round loss in the (NCAA basketball, for all of you
normal unfortunate people without a Badger-obsessed father) tournament is responsible for my funk. My own personal sort of March Madness. I don’t know, but it’s weird, this feeling, and I need to figure out a way to shake it.
I’m a list-maker; the process of writing lists helps me feel in control of my own destiny (even if I don’t check off every last thing on it, the act of writing organizes my brain, I think). In that vein, here is a list of things to help beat the occasional funks:
- Chicks in top hats.
- Phone calls with sisters.
- Brisk walks along the water (bonus points for a walk that ends with a trip to Swensen’s for ice cream).
- Easter cupcakes.
- I hate to admit this, but green juice. It makes us feel good. And until we buck up and spring for a juicer, $9 for “local, organic, cold-pressed” juice will have to be acceptable. …Yes, I too can hear myself. Oy.
- (Finally!) Starting season 1 of Downton Abbey. Lord Grantham rules.
- Instagram. Can’t get enough. Sorry I’m not sorry.
- Bake-spiration, mostly here.
- Baking cookies with a fabulous friend. Chocolate ones, all dolled up for spring.
Alright, funk. We’ve got cookies now. Get lost.