Hi, beautiful friends! It’s been a busy, travel-y kind of week for me. Lots of fun things on the horizon. How are YOU? Here are a few thinky links for your weekend!
- Apricot & Lavender Galettes sound like a good call this weekend.
- Time to make the doughnuts! These look incred.
- Remember that time my dad dropped an album? This tune is one of my favorites.
- The peeps over at Saveur put together this comprehensive tutorial on all things PIE and I’m okay with it.
- A very powerful article.
- This report secretly thrills me.
- Currently coveting this bright little pick-me-up.
- I’m so confused.
- Email can be intimidating. These are excellent tips.
- Dave Chappell + Jimmy Fallon discussing Kanye West… so good.
Hey, peeps! This week I’ve been spending my time eating chocolate peanut butter ice cream and trying to revive my sad-looking, under-watered and overheated garden. Fun stuff.
Here, some fun links for your weekend!
- Now’s the time for a Raspberry Nectarine Clafoutis! Easy and delicious.
- Burrito engagement photos? Amazing.
- I’m so excited for Sarah’s cookbook! And love reading about her process.
- Easiest ice cream cake ever!
- Are you all caught up on the And Eat It Too podcast? We’re chatting with RUTH REICHL tomorrow! (Is this real life??) Tune in!!
- This girl’s got MOVES.
- Hah. (But like, seriously?)
- Feeling stressed? Find some nature!
- Ileana’s Peach Pie Bars look the bomb dot com.
It’s #popsicleweek Thursday! Here are your linky thinks for the weekend:
- SO MANY wonderful popsicles this year. I love popsicle week!!
- How to judge a person by their ice cream choice. (Magnum double peanut butter 4 eva).
- Well, this is terrifying (and it’s all anyone here in Seattle can talk about).
- It’s really fun to see my high school classmate crushingggg the New York Times best-seller list!
- Amy + Tina = yesssss. (this actually looks pretty dumb but you know I’ll see it anyway).
- Hello, Pluto!
- I just thought you might like to be reminded that Lemon Cream Ice Cream exists and is delicious.
- First dates are hard.
- Amazon #PrimeDay fails.
Honey, DEFINITELY DO. Make popsicles! It’s POPSICLE WEEK! Thank you, Billy.
This is the second year that I’ve had the privilege of participating in this most wonderful of web-wide holidays – last year I went creamy and then creamier with homemade Dark Chocolate Pudding Pops (whoa) and Date Shake Popsicles (whoaaaa), so this year I’m going light, fresh, and fruity.
It’s been hotter than hot so far this summer – the blueberry bush in my garden has basically fried to death, and my lawn is the color of Justin Timberlake’s old hair. I’ve been craving cooooool. Icy. Sour. GREEN.
Honeydew agua fresca popsicles! They fit all criteria. They’re subtly, melon-y sweet, plenty tangy from a healthy dose of lime juice, and the prettiest shade of palest green. Plus they’re only 2 ingredients! So breezy!
HAPPY POPSICLE WEEK, dreamlovers. Be sure to check out all of the amazing popsicle recipes floating around the web this week. #popsicleweek2015
wait! there’s more…
Thursday links are here! Eat em up.
- Great news: next week is POPSICLE WEEK!! Remember these dark chocolate pudding pops from last year?
- Father/daughter beat boxing WOW WOW WOW.
- The Myth of Big, Bad Gluten.
- Could this possibly be the absolute best mashup of all time? IT COULD. #newsies #bruno
- 7 Ways to Chop an Onion. heh.
- I’m just not sure how to feel about this. #doublestuffallegiance
- A dose of culinary medicine sends med students to the kitchen.
- Did you guys listen to the latest And Eat It Too! Podcast? Because life is just a bowl of cherries!
- Standard watermelon procedure is just straight up, cold from the fridge, right? Well color me intrigued…
- What 10 nude athletes can teach you about loving your body.
Home feels good. It’s hot in Seattle, our plants are sad and I’m jet-lagged as hell, but still. Home!
I ate an entire box of macaron cookies from Pierre Hermé on the plane ride back (I mean, what else is a person supposed to do when she’s spent all of her airport time buying chocolate at duty-free instead of a new book to read, and it turns out the plane is an old one and there are NO TVs?!? Pray, tell me), and between that and the endless pounds of jamón I consumed in Spain, I think it’s time for some VEGETABLES up in here.
Or, you know, muffins. Eeeeasing back into it, people.
wait! there’s more…
Posted in Breads & Cakes, Breakfast, Recipes, Snacks
Tagged apricot, baking, breakfast, carrot, mango, muffins, snack, vitamin A
I’M HEADED FOR YOU, AMERICA!
I’ve had one fantastic trip to Europe, but I’m real glad to come home this weekend. I’ve been dreaming of peanut butter. Of burgers and beers and flag cake. Of FREEDOM, y’know?
If you’re looking for a few last minute ideas for your 4th of July celebration, allow me to suggest these (both delicious AND patriotic) gems:
The brownie berry tart! A good idea always.
Marionberry pie (or a mix of blue- and- blackberry, if you like) could be fantastic. I’m imagining tiny stars cut out of the top crust instead of circles? #America.
A smoother, creamier pie option is this sour cream and fresh strawberry number.
You could always be everyone’s favorite person and just make red berries and cream pops! Yep yep.
Swap out the lilac in these strawberry lilac pavlovas for some fresh blueberries and you’re in business, Betsy.
Happy Fourth of July, America! I love you more than croissants. Mostly.
It’s July! And I’m in Basque country! I’ve been eating my weight in pintxo’s (bread and jamon, mostly, but also some chorizo and cheese and squid, for good measure), and feeling pretty great about life in general.
Our honeymoon ends this weekend, and I’m excited to get back to the good old U.S of A, but in the meantime, here are some links:
- An interesting perspective (literally) on food additives.
- Great American sandwiches! (But they forgot about hoagies.)
- Go, girl.
- I know this is a few days old now, but YES. FINALLY!
- Time to bring this Cornmeal Peach Cobbler back into rotation.
- Why is this such an abomination? #peas #guac
- THIS is an abomination.
- Pretty patriotic treats! Stay tuned tomorrow for some of my own.
Happy Thursday from Paris!! I’m busy drinking wine and eating straight up butter, so enjoy these links!
- This time last year we were making date shake popsicles! So good.
- Hip hop goes to Broadway. I LOVE this.
- I’d live here.
- I’d like to reconfirm these findings with my own study.
- This is pretty fun. #TeamUSA
- Can we talk about these mac and cheese WAFFLES?
- Anyone have 100 extra bucks?
- This is exciting. #tacoemoji
- The evolution of dude.
- International home habits you didn’t know existed.
I feel like I’m always “saving” my good clothes – the cute swingy tops and dry clean only dresses and rompers and jeans that fit perfectly – just for the really right time to wear them. As a result, I often find myself out and about in the world, kicking around in ratty leggings (the ones which are thinning in places, oy) and ugly tee shirts because all of the good clothes I own? I’m saving them. Keepin’ em fresh. For when it really counts!
Am I the only one who does this? It’s insane.
Luckily, I’ve decided that our honeymoon – or, more specifically, PARIS – is the right time for a person to dress like she means it. But now I feel like I’m out of practice! I’m fumbling around with this top and those pants and what about these shoes? What goes together, anyway?
HELP. Everyone here is #chic and my only instinct is to choose stripes. Like, all the time. I’m not sure it’s cutting it here on l’Île de la Cité.
At least I can make pizza?
I made this the other night (stateside), when I was short on time and long on asparagus. I bought a ball of dough from Whole Foods and went to town. Spread with herbed goat cheese, crisp asparagus, and tangy artichoke hearts, it was an unexpected and satisfying weeknight dinner. Ben and I polished off half the thing in one sitting, and the leftovers made an excellent cold lunch.
wait! there’s more…