Happy Thanksgiving Thursday! I am thankful for YOU. Really truly.
Let’s take a deep breath and remember not to panic today – after all, it’s just pie on a Thursday! And potatoes and cranberry sauce and turkey, probably. But whatever it is you’re up to, whether you’re hanging with friends or family or your cat and the couch, at the very least, we have links. Hope these make you smile:
- Need a light snack before your big feast today? Ben’s Berry Smoothie.
- A Thanksgiving (Adele) Miracle.
- There’s a new episode of the AEIT Podcast up today!
- Thanksgiving flight patterns. Interesting!
- “When people are engaged, they hang out under trees.”
- More Adele (plus Jimmy Fallon and the Roots) because obviously.
- What the English really ate on the first Thanksgiving.
- Need a fun distraction today? Thanksgiving puzzles!
It’s the Monday before Thanksgiving. Do you know where your gravy boats are?
…The Superbowl/World Cup/Puppy Bowl of food holidays is finally here, people, and GOSH if we’re not ready to eat/win/use a bunch of ill-themed metaphors/multiple backslashes to emphasize our excitement.
So, are you ready? Did you order your bird? Restock your baking drawer? Dust off that one nice serving platter you have but never use because it’s a pain to wash?
GAME ON, YO.
And if you haven’t spent hours, days or even months preparing for Thursday (because maybe you’re a normal person who doesn’t spreadsheet out her menu and grocery assignments? Cool, whatever), not to worry! I’m here to share my favorite, classic, won’t-take-all-your-time-and-energy-but-will-please-everyone Thanksgiving recipes.
And even better? My friend Caroline from Chardonnay Moi has provided fun and thoughtful wine pairings for each dish! My advice to you, friends, is to get cooking and drinking, stat:
wait! there’s more…
Happy linking Thursday, friends! We have exactly ONE WEEK until (turkey) liftoff, so get that link lookin’ in while you can:
- Just wanted to remind you about that Cran-Raspberry Pie we made that one time.
- Chris Kimball is leaving ATK! End of an era. Will miss that guy and his bow-ties.
- Full fledged turkey guide, just in time!
- 10 ways to dress up your Turkey Day table on the cheaps.
- I just love Missy.
- Heartbreaking. (I try to keep it light here but I feel like this has to be seen.)
- I’ve made this cheesecake for Thanksgiving for the past 3 years and it’s fantastic.
- Many ways to make your pies more beautiful.
- I like Kristen’s take on this simple yet crowd-pleasing side dish. Yes to pomegranate seeds!
It’s Thursday, November 12th! And I’m trying not to be depressed about the fact that it’s now pitch black at 4:30pm around these parts. Let’s check some fun links!
- It’s Pears in Prosciutto season – get sheet panning!
- The original was perfection, but these new Alanis lyrics are prettyyyyy good too.
- This pie looks like a contender.
- A handy guide to help convert recipes from cups to weights (if that’s your thing).
- I’m a milk chocolate gal, so it sounds like I need to get my face to Ireland.
- Cutest ever reaction to Adele’s new jam.
- Want to go to Mars? (Me neither.)
- 43 best cabin getaways in the west.
- Seattle folk – WHO’S COMING WITH ME?
- Made me laugh.
Our first November Thursday! Something tells me the rest of this year is going to FLY. Why is that always the way? Let’s slow down with some fun links for the weekend.
- I can’t believe it’s true, but Thanksgiving is upon us. (WHAT?) Do you have your Apple Galette recipe ready to go?
- Beautiful photos of a saffron harvest.
- Are you all caught up on the And Eat It Too Podcast? Our latest episode gets deep into Butterfingers.
- Serious Eats made this awesome Thanksgiving survival guide and you’re going to want to take a look.
- Tablescapes, y’all.
- So long, Mark Bittman!
- Best doughnuts in each state. I smell a (really great/possibly diabetic) road trip?
- Kelly Clarkson slaysssss (with Josh Groban).
- Made me chuckle.
Happy Thursday linkday! Here are some good ones for your weekend:
- Remember when we made Reese’s in cake form?
- What’s the actual deal with that scary meat/cancer study, anyway?
- An excellent cookie primer.
- Should kids be opting out of homework?
- Chocolate fashion show!?
- Most definitely obsessed with this music video. (And, relatedly, looking for a willing crew to dress like these gals with me for Halloween. But seriously HOW GOOD.)
- Haha! Good one.
- An excellent guide to winter squash!
- Good on you, REI.
- This is cool. #USA
Hello, Thursday! I’ve been recipe testing like a mad woman this week, though I can’t share any recipes just yet. Stay tuned! In the meantime, here are some fun thinking links for your weekend:
- I think it might be time to revisit Carrot Bread (for snacking and things).
- Did you check out all of the amazingly beautiful pumpkin recipes on the web yesterday for the #VirtualPumpkinParty? Check them all out on Sara’s blog!
- Speaking of Sara, have you seen her Etsy page? Beautiful prints for sale!
- Have you listened to the latest episode of And Eat It Too? There’s a new one up today!!
- I’m not yet a parent, but these are hilarious.
- I’m excited to see this.
- Why is it so hard to make friends over 30?
- Have you seen these videos? Chuckles all around.
- ❤️ Terry Gross.
GUYS! It’s almost Halloween. And while the world is busy pumpkin-spicing everything (and I do mean everything), we people of the internet (and my friend Sara, in particular) decided to take it one step further and positively explode with pumpkin love today. Welcome to #VirtualPumpkinParty 2015!
If I were more on top of my stuff, I would have prepared a fresh, new, brilliantly orange and pumpkin-y delight for all you virtual partygoers. As it is, my stuff is all over the damn place, and a look back at some of my most pumpkin-est successes will just have to do.
Success number one and all-around classic? Why, Traditional Pumpkin Pie, of course. This one’s a winner.
And who could forget this luscious, cool and creamy Pumpkin Mousse? (Tip: it’s extra delicious with crushed Halloween candy bars on top. You’re welcome.)
Leek & Fairytale Pumpkin Soup is fairytale good, especially on a chilly fall day.
And finally, this Pumpkin Ginger Cake with Salted Maple Glaze. …Yeah. I’m gonna just leave that here.
And look at all of the other wonderful pumpkinness happening around the web today!
Just gorgeous. I heard a rumor that they’re expecting a shortage of pumpkin this year, so best to stock up early and get cooking. Happy Pumpkin Party, all!
Hello, Thursday people! How’s your week going? Mine’s been full of birthday baking projects and other baking projects. And debates about how tacky is TOO tacky when it comes to Halloween decorations for the new house. Any thoughts?
Meantimes, enjoy these tasty links:
- The time to make Apple Crumb Pie is NOW!
- Cheese addiction is real.
- Wine pairings for Halloween candy. #fancy
- Keyboard waffle? I mean, sure.
- Good on you, Danny Meyer.
- Why must we hate the things teen girls love?
- I just subscribed to Lenny (the newsletter put out by Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner) and am digging it so far.
- INA, INA, INA (I am chanting, for the record).
- Really enjoyed Megan’s post, and the recipe for Dorie’s Apple Squares looks fantastic.
- I’d like to buy and then live exclusively in these sweatpants.
Okay people, let’s get serious here. Leaves are turning and temps are dropping and it’s definitely time! In short, it’s a Friday in October and these fun, fall baking project are calling our name(s):
I mean… OWL CAKES. Need I say more?
Then there are these Baked Cinnamon Sugared Pumpkin Doughnuts. They’re like the PSL of the baked doughnut craze. …Kinda.
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Rolls are a weekend treat.
And speaking of apples, have you tried Peggy’s Apple Cake yet? It’s my absolute fave.
Maybe it’s still pretty warm where you live. Maybe you want to get into the “all things pumpkin” spirit but really crave a cool, creamy treat. PUMPKIN MOUSSE is where it’s at!
Or maybe try this Brown Sugar Vanilla Bean Pudding – all dressed up and decked out for fall!
And if you’re looking to go the savory route, this Cheesy Leek & Delicata Squash Tart is a dream (on a sheet pan, no less!).
Apples, pumpkin, squash, mini Snickers, Oreos… it’s all fair game right now and it’s the BEST. Here’s to a productive weekend of seasonal baking!