At the beginning of September, as backpacks are filled and schedules are… filled (I excel at writing), everyone loves a good list. I know I do.
As such, I herby present you with my (highly scientific, expertly curated) list of:
Things That Aren’t Actually So Bad About Summer Ending:
- It’s time to dip back into our really pretty great sweatshirt collection
- Hot coffee, extra splash of cream
- One Pot/Pan meals on repeat
- Foliage/leaf peeps
- Apple picking/pumpkin patch trips
- Elections! Know your day to vote.
- We can stop wearing those “cold shoulder” tops. What even are those?
- Appropriateness of planning toddler Halloween costumes (sidenote, could use some input: garden gnome, fuzzy/non-fuzzy animal, or something else entirely? Might be important to say that my child looks a lot like a garden gnome, but also does a great fish impression.)
- Blueberry muffins as lunch treat and/or after school snack!
Number nine is taking center stage in my house this week. There are still a few (a very few, maybe) good fresh blueberries to be found around these parts, but I also just unearthed a giant bag of frozen berries from earlier this summer (score!), and as such, some fresh, tender-crumbed muffins sounded like just the thing.
These are fluffy and dense with berries, with just a small hit of lemon zest throughout. The tops are wonderfully sugar-crunch-capped, so particularly healthy they are probably not, but particularly delicious? You bet.