For those of you who didn’t catch it, here’s a clip of my appearance on the TODAY Show this week! (I’m trying to sound really casual about this but HOLY SMOKES I’m doing all kinds of dances over here.)
Here’s me trying not to look too awkward outside 30 Rock. #nailingit
And here’s the post-live television payoff: mint straciatella gelato from Eataly! Side of J.Crew flats. Yum.
Have a great weekend, friends! I’ll be back next week with some recipes for you. Happy weekending! xo
Well HEY, it’s Thursday! Again! The weeks, they are flying by. This week I’ve been consumed with blackberries, new garden designs, and (huge surprise here) lots of popsicles. I’ve also been up to my elbows in (sheet pan) brownie ice cream sandwiches, which I’m making for a friend’s wedding next weekend. Hooray!
Here are a few fun links for your weekend:
- I was so honored to be interviewed by Emily of Garden Dine Love. She’s so lovely!
- Remember when we made Dorie’s Swedish Visiting Cake with Apricots & Cherries? That’d be a good one just about now.
- This seems kinda fun, in a temporary kitchen fixer upper kinda way.
- Did you check out all of the amazing summer drinks featured at the #drinkthesummer boozy bash? So many good ones! In particular, these fresh spritzers, these rosé slushies and this fruity sangria really made my mouth water.
- Is gluten sensitivity all in our heads?
- I mean, how cute is Jaques Pépin though?
- I want to try this.
- When babies lead modern dance classes.
- Life in six words.
Hey, all! Today I’m celebrating #DRINKTHESUMMER (a low-key, high-vibe, boozy internet bash created by Sherrie and Renee ) with these sweet, smokey, spicy whiskey smashes!
They’re everything that’s great about summer (which I’m trying my best to pretend isn’t almost almost over), in drink form. Juicy fresh peaches and a smack of lemon? Check. Ginger bubbles? Check. Whiskey? Check CHECK.
Let’s ignore the fact that it’s almost September (gah!) and get into this end-of-summer drink the drinks situation. Everyone’s doing it! In fact, if ginger peach whiskey smashes aren’t your thing (but like, come on… they are), you can find a whole slew of other summertime libations (both alcoholic and non) created by a great group of bloggers below!
Join the fun. #drinkthesummer!
wait! there’s more…
There are certain things in life which, no matter the spin you try to bestow, scream ADULT. Things like vacuuming. Lady doctor appointments. Home improvement projects. MORTGAGE PAYMENTS. Amiright? (Note: a decidedly un-adult pastime is googling the spelling of “vacuuming.”)
Ben and I fixed our broken dryer this weekend (so, fine, Ben fixed the dryer and I kind of helped by holding a thing (technical term) in place while he replaced the belt. Because, apparently, dryers need belts? #teamwork), which I think pretty much glues our “grown-up” badges in place, front and center.
Also, today, I contemplated buying a new bath mat AND a magazine storage container.
…IS THIS MY LIFE??
Most days, being an adult is fun. Because I can have gummy bears for lunch if I want, and also bedtime schmedtime. Other days, when I remember that I need to pay my dentist bill and mow the jungle that has become our lawn, being adult seems… less fun.
wait! there’s more…
It’s August! (My birthday month, hooray!) And it’s Thursday! Check out what the internets had to say this week.
- Have you ever made homemade Oreos? No excuses!
- Uptown Funk sung by the movies. Hee.
- The best thing Joy ever ate. I’m into her doughnut/cannoli suggestions.
- Ladies of literature do dinner.
- I love Mindy Kaling. Great essay.
- Farewell, John Stewart. (sob)
- Deb’s got me craving cold sesame noodles something FIERCE.
- Food blog mad libs – so good.
Happy Monday, friends! Ben and I had the chance to try our first Hello Fresh box a few weeks ago, and I’ve been meaning to tell you about it. Have you heard of this meal delivery service phenomenon? You go online to choose your recipes for the week (three, in our case), and then a lovely box, full of fresh, perfectly portioned ingredients, plus recipe instructions, magically appears on your front doorstep. (Wingardium leviosa!?)
It’s pretty neat.
(The box comes with lots of insulated packaging, so the ingredients stay cool, which is definitely great for the ingredients but possibly bad for the environment?)
The recipes we chose (the choices change weekly) were the tortellini kale gratin, Thai beef and carrot noodle salad, and bbq chicken sliders. The ingredients for each recipe were portioned out in their own, clearly-labeled boxes, which took any guesswork out of identifying which ingredients went with which recipe. To be honest, opening the little boxes to find the neat, perfectly labeled packages of carrots, concentrated chicken stock, Parmesan cheese and tabasco really lit up my check-box-oriented brain. Is that sad?
wait! there’s more…
Hi, beautiful friends! It’s been a busy, travel-y kind of week for me. Lots of fun things on the horizon. How are YOU? Here are a few thinky links for your weekend!
- Apricot & Lavender Galettes sound like a good call this weekend.
- Time to make the doughnuts! These look incred.
- Remember that time my dad dropped an album? This tune is one of my favorites.
- The peeps over at Saveur put together this comprehensive tutorial on all things PIE and I’m okay with it.
- A very powerful article.
- This report secretly thrills me.
- Currently coveting this bright little pick-me-up.
- I’m so confused.
- Email can be intimidating. These are excellent tips.
- Dave Chappell + Jimmy Fallon discussing Kanye West… so good.
Hey, peeps! This week I’ve been spending my time eating chocolate peanut butter ice cream and trying to revive my sad-looking, under-watered and overheated garden. Fun stuff.
Here, some fun links for your weekend!
- Now’s the time for a Raspberry Nectarine Clafoutis! Easy and delicious.
- Burrito engagement photos? Amazing.
- I’m so excited for Sarah’s cookbook! And love reading about her process.
- Easiest ice cream cake ever!
- Are you all caught up on the And Eat It Too podcast? We’re chatting with RUTH REICHL tomorrow! (Is this real life??) Tune in!!
- This girl’s got MOVES.
- Hah. (But like, seriously?)
- Feeling stressed? Find some nature!
- Ileana’s Peach Pie Bars look the bomb dot com.
It’s #popsicleweek Thursday! Here are your linky thinks for the weekend:
- SO MANY wonderful popsicles this year. I love popsicle week!!
- How to judge a person by their ice cream choice. (Magnum double peanut butter 4 eva).
- Well, this is terrifying (and it’s all anyone here in Seattle can talk about).
- It’s really fun to see my high school classmate crushingggg the New York Times best-seller list!
- Amy + Tina = yesssss. (this actually looks pretty dumb but you know I’ll see it anyway).
- Hello, Pluto!
- I just thought you might like to be reminded that Lemon Cream Ice Cream exists and is delicious.
- First dates are hard.
- Amazon #PrimeDay fails.